Its late but fuck it, also them write ups they take too long and no one cares.
50. Wild Nothing - Nocturne
49. The XX - Coexist
48. Schoolboy Q - Habits and Contradictions
47. The Men - Open Your Heart
46. Passion Pit - Gossamer
45. Enslaved - RITTIR
44. Big Boi - Vicious Lies and Dangerous Rumours
43. Old Man Gloom - NO
42. Death Grips - No Love Deep Web
41. Perfume Genius - Put Your Back N 2 It
40. Dinosaur Jr. - I Bet On Sky
39. Dirty Three - Toward The Low Sun
38. Bats For Lashes - The Haunted Man
37. Ruby Frost - Water To Ice
36. Cloud Nothings - Attack On Memory
35. ...And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of The Dead - Lost Songs
34. Tallest Man On Earth - No Leaving Now
33. King Tuff - King Tuff
32. Lawrence Arabia - The Sparrow
31. Alt J - An Awesome Wave
30. Menomena - Moms
29. Matthew Dear - Beams
28. Crystal Castles - III
27. Gojira - L'enfant Sauvage
26. Purity Ring - Shrines
25. Frank Ocean - Channel Orange
24. High On Fire - De Vermis Mysteriis
23. Mac Demarco - 2
22. Lotus Plaza - Spooky Action At A Distance
21. Flying Lotus - Until The Quiet Comes
20. Home Brew - Home Brew
19. Michael Kiwanuka - Home Again
18. Sharon Van Etten - Tramp
17. Kendrick Lamar - Good Kid M.A.A.D. City
16. Grimes - Visions
15. Ariel Pink's Haunted Graffitti - Mature Themes
14. EL-P - Cancer For Cure
13. Ty Segell Band - Slaughterhouse
12. Grizzly Bear - Shields
11. Tame Impala - Lonerism
10. Scott Walker - Bish Bosch
I don't care in what form this man sings he'll forever be great, its a strong, powerful voice that brings together some pretty fucked up songs. (if they can even be called that) This is very much a tough listen music wise but it somehow still works with his vocals powering through.
9. Swans - The Seer
This shit is long (2 discs) the first one is my favourite with tracks like Mother Of The World on it but overall Gira has pulled a loud, long and crunching masterpiece. One that at the longer end of an album doesn't at any point for me feel too long.
8. Converge - All We Love We Leave Behind
From the get go this album punches you in the face from the start, this doesn't really let up and its another strong album from a great hardcore band. You better recognise the slick guitar work!
7. John Talabot - Fin
This shit glides on beautifully throughout the tracks flow amazingly but at the same time each are completely unique. This has such a chill mood while the vocals add a nice compliment to the beat he is producing throughout.
6. Godspeed You! Black Emperor - Allelujah! Don't Bend
It's Godspeed and they're back...oh this rules. The atmosphere on this is signature Godspeed the whole mental image the album produces is no surprise but at the same time shouldn't be underestimated cause this is amazing.
5. Beach House - Bloom
Some don't like this cause its more of the same, but when you make such beautiful, dreamy pop tracks why do anything else? I think this is another great album by them and perhaps a slightly bigger sound on this one than the last. A Beach House fan will love this, at the same time how could you hate it?
4. Japandroids - Celebration Rock
The name of this is appropriate, this is such a fun rock album and loud for a band consisting of just a guitarist/singer and a drummer. Easily the one of the best pure rock and roll albums in a while and you can hear through the songs written and performed that they are really enjoying themselves.
3. The Brian Jonestown Massacre - Aufheben
One of my favourite musicians Anton Newcombe has produced another amazing album, its classic psychedelic rock. Unlike the Tame Impala album I feel like the psychedelic nature is as "in your face" and more laid back and flowing. I prefer it this way, the emotion in his voice is always great and an album closer like Blue Order/New Monday is a monster.
2. Death Grips - Money Store
This album is so fuckin rough. The loud, brash raps with the bass heavy beats accompanied by Zach Hill on drums has lead to a spectacular album. This isn't a normal rap album, the shouting style of vocalist MC Ride for the most part work well considering its not a normal style.
1. Killer Mike - R.A.P. Music
This album kicks off so well with Big Beast and it goes from strength to strength throughout. This rap album has it all, intensity from Mike with the production from El-P and verses that strengthen the songs at all times. The pace changes throughout and at no point weakens this album. It rules.