Two lists already down and now we have the most important list of them all, the top 25 albums of 2011. There's very little that needs to be said so here it is;
1. Nicolas Jaar - Space Is Only Noise
This album has been my favourite album of this year since the first time I heard it, the subtle pieces make this incredibly intriguing and is seen as a whole piece rather than individual songs.
2. Fleet Foxes - Helplessness Blues
After their EP and self titled release I didn't think this band could top what they had already made and then this was released. It takes what they've already done to another level and is seriously a folk masterpiece for me anyway.
3. Bright Eyes - The People's Key
I've never been much of a Bright Eyes fan over the years but for some reason this album has seemed to click with me, some really fun tracks on an overall cool album.
4. Radiohead - King Of Limbs
Its Radiohead and cool electronics, nuff said
5. Black Lips - Arabia Mountain
The Psychedelic rock in this is great, the energy in this is great, the songs are great this album grew on me pretty fast and I'll throw this album on a few times a week, there't not one bad song on the album.
6. Tim Hecker - Ravedeath, 1972
This album is another one that must be listened to as a whole, the atmosphere on this in amazing, the chill surrounding this is also cool, very much something you must focus on to pick up all the little pieces.
7. The Kills - Blood Pressures
It wasn't as good as Midnight Boom but its pretty close to it, some of The Kills best is on this album DNA and Satellite are particular stand outs in an album that isn't a dramatic change but enough to be cool and not samey.
8. Cut Copy - Zonoscope
The worries of a big slump after In Ghost Colours were put to rest, the top half of this album is nearly as good as that on In Ghost Colours, sure the second half isn't as great but its still a strong finish with the epic Sun God
9. TV Ghost - Mass Dream
This album came out of the blue, never heard of the band thought I might as well give it a try, its some pretty raw sounding rock music, little psych and indie mixed in and with some really strong tracks including Cancor.
10. Yuck - Yuck
I have mad love for this debut album, it started with hearing The Wall and ended with Shook Down being one of my favourite songs on this album. The alt indie sound is pretty great and the rest of the album definitely holds up to what is a strong album lyrically.
Now for the rest of the albums that make up the top 25:
11. PJ Harvey - Let England Shake
12. Septic Flesh - The Great MASS
13. TV On The Radio - Nine Types Of Light
14. Manchester Orchestra - Simple Math
15. Fergus & Geronimo - Unlearn
16. Liturgy - Aesthetica
17. Katy B - On A Mission
18. Toro Y Moi - Underneath The Pine
19. Fucked Up - David Comes To Life
20. ...And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of The Dead - Tao Of The Dead
21. Wild Beasts - Smother
22. Okkervil River - I Am Very Far
23. Gang Gang Dance - Eye Contact
24. Yacht - Shangri-La
25. Raveonettes - Raven In The Grave