Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Worst Of 2011: Halfway Report



As we all know not every album is great, sometimes some really blow and they end up on my Worst album list and here's the ten album that have disappointed me at this halfway stage.


1. Lupe Fiasco - Lasers (not my review, but it works)
Seriously it's funny Lupe essentially called out all those that were commercial hip hoppers and funnily enough he's done exactly what he hated and produced an absolute stinker of an album. Don't worry people I listened to this so you wouldn't have to.

2. Protest The Hero - Scurrilous
It's just embarrassing from start to finish and as my picture review suggested, its Avenged Sevenfold + Dream Theater, a complete nightmare scenario.

3. In Flames - Sounds Of A Playground Fading
If you were hoping for something new from In Flames I'm sorry, its a tired boring release even after a longer than usual wait between albums.

4. Raekwon - Shaolin Vs Wu-Tang
After his last album the excitement for this one to drop was big for me, then I listened and it was a weak release from Raekwon, almost as if he was attempting to get some MTV plays and went horribly wrong.

5. Foo Fighters - Wasting Light
If you were naive enough to believe them when they said this was a throw back album, I'm sorry cause it isn't. Dave's garage is a little flasher than what you might think considering its just a state of the art recording studio in a garage. Also the return of Pat Smear merely means the albums is more guitar heavy with no more substance.

6. J Mascis - Several Shades Of Why
I love J and Dinosaur Jr, but this album is incredibly boring, his voice is fine, but its deadly boring with little to care about throughout the record.


7. The Strokes - Angles
Looking back now I wish I didn't give it a 6/10 as that was far too generous, nothing has really grown on me with this album, in fact I like only one track on this whole album with that being Under The Cover Of Darkness.

8. Wire - Red Barked Tree
This was actually my album reviewing debut on another blog that has since gone on hiatus, this album was really dry and boring for me and having never heard them before really don't know if I want to hear anything else from them.

9. Miles Kane - Colour Of The Trap
I enjoyed what Miles Kane did in Last Of The Shadow Puppets with Alex Turner, unfortunately he's trying waaaay too hard at creating a retro sounding album, of course it sounds retro but it ain't any good.


10. Adele - 21
You know it was going to make the cut, it just had to.

No comments:

Post a Comment