Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Album Covered

While ultimately the album is the most important part of an album, sometimes a great album cover just lures people in to buy the thing without even knowing who the band even are. Some of my favourite album covers a have some of the grossest album art out there, but then at times even the simplest of art can compliment what is a superb album.

The Beatles (White Album) is a prime example of an album that is just incredibly simple in appearance, after all its just white. If you were to walk into a store just seeing this white cover with nothing on it having no idea who the band were (well you might know these guys id it) would only give you more interestin this.

Now to album covers I really like, first I'll start with some of the more gross looking albums that many people would thing aren't good at all.


Cannibal Corpse - Butchered At Birth is definitely one of the coolest looking album covers, sure its not your average album cover with death babies hanging in the background  and two people butchering babies but its still incredibly cool.


Mastodon - Crack The Skye is my favourite album by these dudes musically, it's also one of my favourite album covers. Mastodon have always had great album covers but this one for some reason is just greater than them all.


Dr. Dre - The Chronic may not seem like an album cover that's anything great, but to me I find it really hilarious to the point where I love it. What isn't funny about a portrait of Dr. Dre on the cover, he looks half bad ass, half nice guy and I loved this album cover so much i found he released a t shirt with this cover on it an bought it, great purchase indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment