Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Album Review: Brian Eno - Drums Between The Bells



Its been a while since I bothered to give an album by Musical great Brian Eno, but his new album Drums Between The Bells popped up as a new release so I thought I'd give this a try. When I told someone I knew that I had given it a listen they immediately asked me if it was ambient, he was kind of disappointed when I told him it wasn't although he hasn't listened to this...

As already said this is less ambient and more weird sounding electronics, Eno incorporates them well at times in this album, but at the same time he fails miserably. I found a few songs on this album to be really really great they just happened to be on the second half of this album. The first half eases you through the album, although I find it painfully slow and boring, nothing is happening the ambience doesn't really work and merely makes you feel like this album is taking forever to get through.

The second half though is pretty good, Sounds Alien is a legit electronic song that I dug, was quite a shame I had to wait so long in the album to hear a song I liked. On from this Dow keeps things interesting and I now feel this album has life, unfortunately I feel like I've been listening to this album for hours and it isn't even over.Cloud 4 and Breath of Crows are another couple solid tracks to end this album on a high.

Overall this album is poor, this album doesn't flow whatsoever, I feel like this is a collection of songs some good, some bad, some really bad. I also found that this album took forever to get through it dragged pretty early and even if the good moments came up late, it was too late to enjoy.

Overall Rating: 4.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment