Monday, July 25, 2011

RIP Amy Winehouse



I feel compelled to write a post on her, cause she definitely deserves more recognition for the music she produced (particularly Back To Black). Now I'm going to admit I wasn't an early fan of Winehouse it took me a while after Back To Black released to even bother listening to her music. But Back To Black is just an incredible piece of music that got to so many people and turned them to instant fans that thrust her suddenly into the public eye.

I still remember when I first heard Rehab I immediately wanted to find out who it was and what more there was to listen to. The voice is ridiculous the lyrics are so personal and real you can hear the soulfulness just ooze from at every point in her singing. Her ability shone through the most and was able to produce something that was praised by not only the casual radio listener, but also the critical music listeners, something that I don't think happens very often but that's how good she was. The epicness of moments in her music, Back To Black (the song) is just so powerful in every way, the orchestral backing takes the song to heightened depths and Amy merely tops it off with singing from her soul.

Enough of this, I don't want to go over the top with this, Amy Winehouse had an incredible voice one that probably changed lives (not mine). But she also found a way to be appreciated by all with just using her voice such a powerful tool and one absolutely classic album that doesn't have a bad song on it.

Now before I end I don't really want to get involved in things such as its her fault she died cause I didn't do this post to state my opinion on those subjects. This blog is about a musician that had an incredible voice that should be remembered for that and not for ruining her life with drugs whether you agree with the actions she took on the way is merely unimportant now, shes gone so celebrate whats left of her.

Her personal life didn't have anything to do with me, I didn't care about it then I sure don't now whether what she did then was right I don't give a fuck.

No comments:

Post a Comment