Sunday, March 13, 2011

FIRST POST, THATS LIKE A START?

So its my first blog entry and I kind of don't have a grand idea for this, I'll probably comment on new albums to check out and perhaps even talk of what I've been listening to recently. But with this being the first entry I'm going to list some of my favourite album openers (linking shit up, pro shit goin down).

these are in no particular order:


Arctic Monkeys - Brianstorm
For me Favourite Worst Nightmare has always been the best Arctic Monkeys album, this track has them explode out of the gates with speed and energy that totally eclipsed all they had done before and prove at least to me that there will be no slump after the début.


Beastie Boys - Rhymin & Stealin
While it isn't from a classic Beastie Boys album like Paul's Boutique or Check Your Head, Rhymin & Stealin just  shows off the Beastie Boys so well, the 3 white boys showing they're more than just jokers and they were a legit hip hop trio destined for big things.


Bloc Party - Like Eating Glass
This one is real easy, my favourite album from the 2000's Silent alarm doesn't have a bad track in it for me so the opener to me is obviously a great track, Kele's vocals are great on this and the drumming is one of the shining moments.


The Charlatans - Blackened Blue Eyes
Man, Simpatico blows but this track is one of about three tracks that are worth listening to, Blackened Blue Eyes starts off with a nice piano piece before the guitar kicks before Tim Burgess shows off his usual swagger.


Faith No More - From Out Of Nowhere
Something a little heavier and a big favourite of mine due to the constant hearing of it while playing Madden 05 (good game by the way!). Mike Patton as always is great on the track with a slight whine in his vocals, while Mike Bordin owns the kit from start to finish.


The Stooges - Search and Destroy
Classic album, classic song, there's very little that needs to be said so I'll leave it at WIN!


Isis - Hall of the Dead
The final album from Isis was great and this would probably be my favourite track off it, so much going on instrumentally and the vocals of Aaron Turner a stand out for me.


Pixies - Debaser
Doolittle would be close to my favourite album OF ALL TIME and Debaser is such a great start. It got to the point where everyday after work it would the first thing I'd listen to on the ride home, now though I don't have a job, which might be why I'm doing this to pass the time...


Tyler, The Creator - Bastard
From the album of the same name, this is a harsh profile of Tyler's being, the piano piece is so appropriate and makes it even more serious. Dudes going to be big, watch out!


Wilco - I Am Trying To Break Your Heart
Yankee Hotel Foxtrot is a superb album and this is one of the best off it, Tweedy's vocals are great and the lyrics equally nice. When I saw them live last year this track was a stand out moment from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment