Thursday, September 29, 2011

Top 25 Songs Of 2011, Are We There Yet?

Right I only realised a couple of days ago that the third quarter of the year is about up. I hadn't really been thinking about my lists for a while so the last couple of days I've been going through some tracks that I've really enjoyed the last three months. So whatever here it is.

1. Tyler, The Creator - Yonkers (Goblin)
People might be saying "nurrrgh this is played too much" that might be the case to them but then they probably also enjoy men. This song is still great and enjoyable to listen to and con8inutes to be my favourite track of this year.


2. Black Lips - Family Tree (Arabia Mountain)
Such a strong, fun beginning to what is one of my favourite albums this year the song hasn't dipped in listening at all with it only yesterday I was enjoying it.


3. Girls - Vomit (Father, Son, Holy Ghost)
A new arrival to the list and this is such a strong epic of a track, the lyrics so powerful on this track the emotion produced incredible.


4. TV On The Radio - Will Do (Nine Types Of Light)
Another emotionally charged song that can't be denied for its overall beauty


5. Yuck - Shook Down (Yuck)
This debut album has tracks that could easily be my favourite from time to time but this track never fails to deliver.


6. Joy Formidable - Whirring (The Big Roar)
I never really dug this album the first time I heard it but I listened to this again a couple of months back and this song was so powerful. This three piece create such a noise and the instrumental jam at the end is really cool.


7. Frank Turner - I Am Disappeared (England Have My Bones)
This is still the only thing worth listening to on this album, the song is really powerful lyrically.


8. Mastodon - Stargasm (The Hunter)
I haven't reviewed this yet but this track is just tits, the riffs are badass and the vocals are great love when Brent hits the "You're on fire"


9. The Strokes - Under The Cover Of Darkness (Angles)
The song is still fun to listen to, catchy as fuck and a classic sounding Strokes track worth listening to.


10. The Weeknd - Loft Music (House Of Balloons)
I'm a sucker for Beach House samples and sweet vocals

Now for the rest

11. Manchester Orchestra - Virgin (Simple Math)
12. Cut Copy - Where I'm Going (Zonoscope)
13. The Kills - DNA (Blood Pressures)
14. Fleet Foxes - Sim Sala Bim (Helplessness Blues)
15. The Horrors - Still Life (Skying)
16. Fergus & Geronimo - Wanna Know What I Would Do?
17. TV Ghost - Cancor
18.Wilco - One Sunday Morning (The Whole Love)
19. ...And You Will Know Us From The Trail Of  The Dead - Cover The Days Like A Tidal Wave (Tao Of The Dead)
20. Battles - Ice Cream (Gloss Drop)
21. Toro Y Moi - Go With You (Underneath The Pine)
22. The Antlers - Corsicana (Burst Apart)
23.Liturgy - Harmonia (Aesthetica)
24. Cut Off Your Hands - Fooling No One (Hollow)
25. The Dodos - Going Under (No Color)

No comments:

Post a Comment