Monday, October 3, 2011

Top 25 Albums Of 2011, The Third Quarter...When Lebron Can Still Play


 So it only makes sense that I release the top albums for me so far, its starting to get harder to make decisions just because albums don't always have staying power.

1. Nicolas Jaar - Space Is Only Noise
I'm still surprised I haven't gotten bored by this album, everytime I turn it on it continues to intrigue me further.


2. Fleet Foxes - Helplessness Blues
After their EP and self titled release I didn't think this band could top what they had already made and then this was released. It takes what they've already done to another level and is seriously a folk masterpiece for me anyway.


3. Mastodon - The Hunter
I only recently reviewed this, its still fresh in my mind the riffs, the epic moments vocally and explosive drumming. Pretty good for an album that isn't my favourite from them.


4. Bright Eyes - Peoples Key
I've never been much of a Bright Eyes fan over the years but for some reason this album has seemed to click with me, some really fun tracks on an overall cool album.


5. Wilco - The Whole Love
This is seriously the best Wilco album since Yankee Hotel Foxtrot, love the electronic bits, Tweedy kills it vocally so so sweet.


6. Radiohead - The King Of Limbs
Its Radiohead and cool electronics, nuff said


7. Black Lips - Arabia Mountain
The Psychedelic rock in this is great, the energy in this is great, the songs are great this album grew on me pretty fast and I'll throw this album on a few times a week, there's not one bad song on the album.


8. Tim Hecker - Ravedeath, 1972
This album is another one that must be listened to as a whole, the atmosphere on this in amazing, the chill surrounding this is also cool, very much something you must focus on to pick up all the little pieces.


9. The Horrors - Skying
This is more mature Horrors album, more going on electronically and more patience showing wise. Don't expect them to return to Strange House.


10. Girls - Father, Son, Holy Ghost
This album is sad and sweet such emotional lyrics and the music behind it finds a way to bring it all together.

The rest

11. The Kills - Blood Pressures
12. Cut Copy - Zonoscope
13. PJ Harvey - Let England Shake
14. Yuck - Yuck
15. TV Ghost - MASS Dream
16. ...And You Will Know Us From The Trail Of The Dead - Tao Dead
17. Fergue & Geronimo - Unlearn
18. Septic Flesh - The Great MASS
19. Manchester Orchestra - Simple Math
20. Fucked Up - David Comes To Life
21. Toro Y Moi - Underneath The Pine
22. TV On The Radio - Nine Types Of Light
23. Okkervil River - I Am Very Far
24. Today Is The Day - Pain Is A Warning
25. Wooden Shjips - West

No comments:

Post a Comment