Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Sorbos Guide To Laneway 2012



So last week I did a blog on the bands I want to see at Big Day Out and now Laneway festival have announced their lineup for 2012 and unsurprisingly its better than Big Day Outs. So here's who without listening to any of the bands I haven't heard on the bill (there's a few) who I'm going to check out.

Toro Y Moi
This years album Underneath The Pine is a great album, I believe the track Go With You has been on my list of top songs at some stage this year. It's a nice song and I hope it gets played with a bunch more from that album will be certainly fun to see what the indie pop artist is like live.
Album to check out: Underneath The Pine

Washed Out
I did a review of the new Washed Out album form this year (review here) its a very cool, chill album and so long as the sun is out this band will be great to sit around and check out.
Album to check out: Within and Without


Girls
The new album Father, Son, Holy Ghost is legit and with the announcement of them playing Laneway left me very excited to see them. Really can't wait to hear Vomit live, one of the best tracks from this year and the earlier releases from this band give them a strong catalogue for their set.
Album to check out: Father, Son, Holy Ghost

Yuck
This indie/alt rock band from America has really broken out with their debut self titled album. Shook Down is one of my top songs of this year and hope to hear it live. While Wall, Suck and others will surely go down a treat, a band not to be missed.
Album to check out: Yuck

Pains At Being Pure At Heart
The more I listen to their new album Belong, the more I dig it I album opener is by far my favourite and keeps some old 90's alternative vibes from the past. While moving into a dream pop band with this album it still is an impressive release.
Album to check out: Belong

Cults
A band that was review earlier this year from me and I really did enjoy it. I feel like this group could be one of the funnest bands of the day. My review talked about how fun their sound was and to me they are perfect for this festival.
Album to check out: Cults

The Horrors

I caught them at Big Day Out 2010 and most said they should've been on the Laneway bill, now they are and again I'll be checking them out. I really enjoyed seeing them last time and I love the new album Skying so this is probably the band I want to see the most.
Album to check out: Skying

No comments:

Post a Comment