Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Albums I'm Looking Out For In The Near Future



There's some pretty cool bands releasing some new albums in the near future and because I'm a little slack with the blog this week with Uni commitments these blog's are more Hendrix's than ever before. Now obviously I have no idea if these albums are going to be any good but god dammit I hope they are.


Arctic Monkey - Suck It and See
Release date: June 6

Another album for the Arctic Monkeys, this being the fourth from the dudes from Sheffield and I really hope its another strong release, after all they haven't disappointed me yet. There's a track already out on the internet and the first single being released on Record Store Day titled Don't Sit Down Cause I've Moved Your Chair.


The Antlers - Burst Apart
Release date: May 10

Again another band who hasn't failed me yet, I'm pretty excited by the release and hoping it'll become "available" very soon, no one wants to get there first impression of the album from a live bootleg so I've held off giving that a listen. But people have definitely giving it the thumbs up from those that have seem them play the album in full live.


Beastie Boys - Hot Sauce Committee Part 2
Release date: May 3

So the Beastie Boys have decided to release part 2 first after the band were halted from recording last year due to MCA getting cancer, thankfully he's recovered and after listening to the track Make Some Noise which will appear on the album I'm very hopeful its another great release.


The Horrors - Album Title TBA
Release date: July

No official date for this release but accordig to singer Faris Badwan they're looking to release this some time in July. The change in sound from the raw garage rock sound of Strange House to the cleaner more electronic induced album that is Primary colours showed that not only can they experiment with sounds and do it well, but they aren't to be pigeon holed into one type of sound. What can we expect to hear? I nor most would have any clue.

No comments:

Post a Comment