Wednesday, April 6, 2011

The Death Of Real Groovy



So it was confirmed recently that Real Groovy Wellington is going to be closing at the end of May and its definitely a sad moment for myself and for many others who used to and still go in there, a lot of people have fond memories of the place and certainly don't want it to go.

Real Groovy is part of the dying breed that is record stores, the place had such a range of music, dvds, video games and magazines. With it closing it leaves just Slow Boat Records as the main locally owned record store left and hopefully it doesn't leave any time soon, after all I've been eyeing up the sealed Husker Du - New Day Rising vinyl for a few weeks now, not to mention the Stereolab, Rush and many other vinyl's I've seen when recently there.

Now back to Real Groovy, I've spent a lot of time and a decent amount of money in there, the boxing day trek from Wainuiomata with mates to spend up Christmas money (I'd usually end up with a Real groovy voucher from someone) Some of the albums I bought in there include Dream Theater - Systematic Chaos, Enter Shikari - Take to the Skies, In Flames - Come Clarity and many more. Recently I've gotten much more into vinyl and even some really bad ones, the Real Groovy collection is great with boxes and boxes of terrible vinyl's for very cheap prices.

I went in on Saturday days after the announcement and the place was fairly full, I spent a good hour in there looking at anything and everything and ended up buying The Charlatans - Then 12" single and Warpaint's Exquisite Corpse EP a 12" also. It's going to be a shame when it closes next month but I'll be sure to go once more before it closes.

No comments:

Post a Comment